Thursday 24 October 2013

Suet sketch - Mercorabilia

Another rare and special treat today as I present my third sketch from my Mercorabilia collection - a selection of sketches inspired by a certain Souvenir Programme but written by yours truly.


A: What did the chef do to the recipe book that stole his idea?
B: I don’t know.
A: Suet.
<audience laughs (hopefully)>
B: How did he do that?
A: What?
B: How did he sue a book?
A: Well, he didn’t, did he? It’s a joke.
B: Is it?
A: Yes!
B: Why?
A: <sighs> Because suet – like sago – is a pudding.
B: Suet.
A: Yes.
B: Really?
A: Yes.
B: <pauses> It doesn’t sound like a very nice pudding.
A: Well it doesn’t have to be, does it? It’s just a joke. I could have done one about a black forest gateau.
B: Oh – why didn’t you? I like them.
A: Because it doesn’t fit, does it? What did the chef do the recipe book that stole his idea? Black forest gateau.
B: How about what kind of cake do you find in a deep dark wood?
A: Listen – I do the jokes around here.
B: You sure?
A: Ok. What comes out of a sugar and milk train?
B: I don’t know.
A: A cream puff.
B: <pauses> I don’t like them.
A: Oh – you…!

No comments:

Post a Comment