Saturday 5 October 2013

Nursery Crhymes


A one-off never-to-be-repeated special for Saturday - my Nursery Crhymes.
When I was in Year 10 at school I was introduced to ‘text transformation’ and realised I’d discovered my niche. I subsequently penned the following parodies of well-known nursery rhymes.

Nursery Rhymes of the Future 
Fifteen ticks and a tock
The mouse has broken the clock
He didn’t mean to
He’ll fix it with glue
And won’t have to stand in the dock

Jack Sprat could eat no fat
His wife could eat no lean
And so between them both you see
They became vegetarians
 
Cobbler, cobbler I’m feeling blue
And what do you think that I can do
I thought you could give my shoes a treat
And then I will have happy feet
 
Hey diddle diddle
The cat dropped his fiddle
'Cause the cow bumped into the moon
The little dog laughed
At what they done
And got bashed on the head by the spoon
 
Little Bo Peep
Has lost her sheep
She doesn’t know what she did with them
They were right behind her
As they passed the butcher
But now she simply can’t find them
 
Sing a song of tuppence
A pocketful of dust
Four and twenty houseflies
Were baked into the crust
And when the crust was eaten
People began to wail
And the baker who had baked the pie
Was sent down to the jail
 
There was a little girl
And she had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
But when her mum came and cut it off...
You should have heard her language it was horrid
 
Bobby Shafto's gone to sea,
Too far away for me to see;
I thought he would marry me,
Bonny Bobby Shafto!
Bobby Shafto's tall and fair,
Always combing down his hair;
But when I need him he’s not there,
Bl**dy Bobby Shafto!
 
Mary was a little lamb
She really was angelic
Until she hit her teenage years
And became psychadelic
 
Seesaw margery daw
Johnny shall have a new master
He shall have but a tenner a day
Because he can’t pedal no faster
 
Old King Cole
Was a silly old soul
What a silly old soul was he
He called for a pipe
And he called for a bowl
'Cause he really needed a pee
 
Pease porridge hot
Pease porridge cold
Pease porridge in the pot
Covered with mould
 
Twinkle, twinkle little space meteor
How I wonder what the government is going to do about you
Up above the world so high (but getting closer all the time)
Like a big lump of rock in the sky
Twinkle, twinkle little space meteor
Please pass us by – Mars isn’t far.
 
Half a pound of ambrosia rice pudding (with a layer of melted chocolate and several tablespoons of demerara sugar)
Half a pound of treacle caramel sauce
Mix it up (with three chocolate gateaux and half a dozen mega chocolate milkshakes) and make it nice
Pop goes the weasel!

No comments:

Post a Comment