Wednesday 30 October 2013

Give Me The Throne - Horrific Histories

This is the first parody song I ever penned for my Horrific Histories collection and is rather a bizarre combination - which pretty much sums up me and my brain - in that it is a song about the Anarchy of the Middle Ages between Stephen and Matilda but set to the tune of a Westlife ballad.
Hope you enjoy!

Home Throne not by Westlife
Stephen:
Another English king,
Has done the dying thing,
And cos you weren’t home,
I took the throne,
Here I’m surrounded by,
All of my people I,
Am never alone,
And I’ve got the throne,
Just cos I’m a boy,
And I’m ignoring all the pledges,
That I made for you,
I said I would follow you,
Be governed and ruled by you,
Well I would keep them but,
I know that you’re not good enough,
A girl on the throne is bad,
And England needs more than that,

Matilda:
Fight after fight we’ll face,
Each one a different place,
You got lucky, you know,
But now that I’m home,
So give me the throne,
Give me the throne
I’ve come this far,
(And) he was my pa,
Just give me the throne,
Give me the throne,
You’ve had your fun,
But now you’re done,
Just give me the throne,

But it feels just like,
I’m fighting,
Back against a tide,
Cos even when I caught you,
I couldn’t complete the coup,
And then my half-brother went and got himself caught too,
I had to swap him back,
For you Stephen how fair’s that?,

Stephen:
Now almost 20 year,
Has come and gone I fear,
And wouldn’t you know,
I’m still on the throne,
I beat you, You know,
Henry:
Give me the throne,
You’ve had your run,
I’m Matilda’s son,
So give me the throne,
Give me the throne,
Stephen:
It'll all be alright,
It'll be yours tonight,
You’re getting the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment