Wednesday 30 September 2015

From The Mind of Merc - Normality

Sometimes I find my mind wandering over various eclectic topics and occasionally I am inspired to write some of them down. Today I was thinking about the concept of normality. 

Quite a short one today. 

I found a meme online recently that reads ‘I tried being normal once – worst two minutes of my life’ and it got me thinking – if everyone is different (i.e. no two people are the same) then how is it possible to define normality?
Surely normality (if it does exist) is a purely subjective concept – and a highly discriminatory one at that.
And if so then the people who consider themselves normal and as such are consequently 'different' from everyone else and consider this acceptable should also be prepared to accept those who are 'different' from them?

No comments:

Post a Comment