Wednesday 7 October 2015

The (Princess Bride) Class Sketch - Mercorabilia

First sketch of the month and an interesting combination in this one. It occurred to me how the other day how comparable the sidekicks in the cult classic The Princess Bride are with the characters from the renowned Frost Report sketch. This is the result.

Vizzini: I look down on him (Indicates Inigo) because I am intelligent.
Inigo: I look up to him (Vizzini) because he is intelligent; but I look down on him (Fezzik) because he is brutish. I am not.
Fezzik: I know my place. I look up to them both. But I don't look up to him (Inigo) as much as I look up to him (Vizzini), because he has got brains.
Vizzini: I have got brains, but I have not got any skill. So sometimes I look up to him (Inigo).
Inigo: I still look up to him (Vizzini) because although I have skill, I am poor. But I am not as poor as him (Fezzik) so I still look down on him (Fezzik).
Fezzik: I know my place. I look up to them both; but while I am poor, I am honest, industrious and trustworthy. Had I the inclination, I could look down on them. But I don't.
Inigo: We all know our place, but what do we get out of it?
Vizzini: I get a feeling of superiority over them.
Inigo: I get a feeling of inferiority from him, (Vizzini), but a feeling of superiority over him (Fezzik).
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

No comments:

Post a Comment