Monday 21 September 2015

Dreamworks Royalties sketch - Mercorabilia

As promised, here is my new sketch (direct from my new lodgings). Will try and fit my usual quota of monthly blog posts in before the end of this month. My mission should I choose to accept it...
Anyway, this sketch is along similar lines to my earlier Humphrey Dumpty one with the focus shifted slightly to another fictional character. 

<intercom buzzes>
Executive: Yes?
Secretary: Mr. Moon is here to see you.
Executive: Oh, great. Send him in.
Mr. Moon: Excuse me are you the executive for Dreamworks?
Executive: I am. Pleased to meet you Mr. Moon. Sorry I didnt catch your first name.
Mr. Moon: Man-in-the.
Executive: So, Mr. Man-in-the Moon. What can I do for you?
Mr. Moon: Well, Id like to talk to you about royalties.
Executive: I see.
Mr. Moon: As I understand it, youve made over 100 films. Is that right?
Executive: Yes, thats right.
Mr. Moon: And you use my image at the start of every single of them.
Executive: Umm
Mr. Moon: Dont give me um Ive seen them. There I am clear as day sat on my little perch dangling my rod over the edge every time. And yet Ive never seen a single penny for my work.
Executive: Right.
Mr. Moon: And its not exactly easy work - have you any idea how difficult it is to cast a perfect line without getting caught in one of the craters? Particularly as theres no atmosphere that high up?
Executive: No.
Mr. Moon: Very.
Executive: I see.
Mr. Moon: And if that wasnt enough you even had that shark take the worm off my hook! I mean, a mans got to live! What am I supposed to eat? Clouds? Thin air? The moons not made of cheese, you know.
Executive: Really? You do surprise me.
Mr. Moon: And dont even think about paying me in porridge that stuff is lethal.
Secretary: Mr. Moon? Your balloons are waiting.
Mr. Moon: Ah my rides here. Well, I think Ive made my point. Thank you for your time.
Executive: Just one moment did she say balloons?
Mr. Moon: Yes thats how I get home.
Executive: Really? Just float up into the air until you reach the moon?
Mr. Moon: Yes.
Executive: Hmm. Tell me, Mr. Moon, have you ever considered a career with NASA?

No comments:

Post a Comment