Monday 10 May 2021

From The Mind of Merc - Accountability

(Got a bit sidetracked and completely lost track of the date. Anyway here is April's From The Mind of Merc.)

Sometimes I find my mind wandering over various eclectic topics and occasionally I am inspired to write some of them down. Today I was thinking about accountability.

Isn't it an interesting word? And it's got a pretty interesting meaning too. According to the Cambridge English Dictionary, it means:

"the fact of being responsible for what you do and able to give a satisfactory reason for it, or the degree to which this happens"

Do you think Boris Johnson is aware of this definition? Or even this word?
Granted he went to Oxford rather than Cambridge but I doubt universities would have massively different dictionaries*.

If he doesn't know it, can someone please introduce him to it because I'm getting seriously fed up having a Prime Minister who is (not has - we're way beyond that) such a moral vacuum. And what's more faces absolutely zero consequences for his actions.

*that's a joke btw

No comments:

Post a Comment