Sunday 17 May 2015

Bring Me Sunshine sketch - Mercorabilia


Sorry for not putting up any posts so far this month but new job took up more of my time than I’d anticipated. Anyway to celebrate (in a way) the bout of fine weather we seem to be going through I came up with this – an imagining of a possible conversation in the sky on a slightly overcast day.

Sun: Excuse me. Excuse me – could I just get through here?
Cloud 1: Do you mind? Wait your turn.
Sun: But it’s the daytime! People need to see the sun in the daytime.
Cloud 2: Oi! Stop pushing! We were here first!
Sun: (getting annoyed) What does that matter? Nobody wants you!”
Cloud 2: <sniffs> Well there’s no need to be like that, is there? <whimpering> After all, I wasn’t doing no harm <sobbing>
Cloud 1: Now you’ve made him cry.
Cloud 2: <sobbing gradually fades>
Sun: He’s evaporated!
Cloud 1: That always happens. Don’t worry – he’ll be back.
Sun: Well, while we wait I think I’ll just slot myself in here. Hey!
Cloud 3: Watch it!
Sun: Excuse me - I was here.
Cloud 3: Yeah – you was.
Sun:  Well, honestly! Now what am I supposed to do?
Cloud 1: I told you - wait your turn.
Sun: How long for?
Cloud 1: I dunno. Weather forecast said it’d be brighter tomorrow. Why don’t you try again then?
Sun: Alright – I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment