Sunday 31 July 2022

Tom & Jerry sketch

And then with an observation on a popular children's cartoon.

Tom: Come back here! I’m gonna get you! Any minute now I…
Jerry: Woah, woah, hang on a minute.
Tom: What?
Jerry: Can I ask you something?
Tom: Er.. sure I guess.
Jerry: Why do we keep doing this?
Tom: What?
Jerry: This. Why do we keep running round and round the house together with you trying to catch me.
Tom: Well, I’m a cat and you’re a mouse. Cats chase mice.
Jerry: What for?
Tom: To eat them.
Jerry: <pause> And that’s your only option, is it?
Tom: What do you mean?
Jerry: Well… have you ever heard of cat food?
Tom: What?
Jerry: Cat food. Look.
<cupboard door opens>
Tom: Well, how am I supposed to eat that? It’s in a tin.
Jerry: That’s where this thing comes in handy.
Tom: What is it?
Jerry: A tin… opener! Watch
<tin opener whirrs>
Jerry: And now we just
<Cat food slops into bowl>
Jerry: Go on. Tuck in.
Tom: <chewing> Mmm. You know, this isn’t half bad.
Jerry: Told you.
Tom: But what happens when it runs out?
Jerry: That’s ok – there’s another can here. Whoops!
<thud as the can lands on Tom’s foot>
Tom: Ahhhhh!
Jerry: Sorry, Tom. I didn’t mean to drop it on your foot.
Tom: Why you little….! I oughta…! Just you wait…
Jerry: Now Tom – let’s be reasonable about this. It was an accident. Tom? Tom! Uh-oh. Here we go again!

(For those saying that Tom and Jerry never spoke - they have been known to on occasion. For example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsZTxWuuUlU)

No comments:

Post a Comment