Wednesday 20 November 2019

Guess Who 2 sketch - Mercorabilia


When I wrote my Guess Who sketch the other month, an alternative route for it to take also occurred to me... so I decided to pursue it. This is the result:

Fred: Ok – your turn.
Joe: Ok. Does yours have… glasses?
Fred: Yes.
Joe: Yes!
<sounds of tiles flipping down>
Joe: Ok. Does yours have brown hair?
Fred: No.
Joe: So they’ve got red hair.
Fred: No.
Joe: What do you mean ‘no’?
Fred: I mean no – they don’t have red or brown hair.
Joe: But they must do. The only people left who have glasses either have red or brown hair. We’ve already established they haven’t got blonde hair. So what colour hair do they have?
Fred: Black.
Joe: Black?!? Let me see that!
Fred: Hey!
Joe: What the-! What is this?
Fred: What?
Joe: This isn’t the card you got.
Fred: Yes it is.
Joe: But you’ve coloured in the hair with black biro.
Fred: Well, I said they didn’t have red or brown hair.
Joe: But that isn’t how you play!
Fred: It’s how I play.
Joe: And these are even the original glasses – you’ve drawn glasses on. Your card doesn’t even have glasses.
Fred: Well, everyone’s allowed to change their look.
Joe: But these cards aren’t. If you’re like this with Guess Who, I dread to think what you’re like with Solitaire.
Fred: I do get through a fair few packs of cards.
Joe: I’m not surprised. Well, we can’t continue the game now.
Fred: So what shall we do?
Joe: How about another game?
Fred: Ok. We could play snakes and ladders.
Joe: Alright. But leave the biro behind this time.
Fred: Spoilsport.

No comments:

Post a Comment