Monday 22 August 2016

May I Have Some Water? - !!!NEW!!!

Inspired by the book 'Go The F*ck To Sleep' by Adam Mansbach, I present a song relating the struggles of bedtime for parents.

There's A Hole In My Bucket May I Have Some Water? not by Anon
May I have some water, dear Mother, dear Mother?
May I have some water, dear Mother, water?

       You’ve had some, dear Child, dear Child, dear Child,
       You’ve had some, dear Child, dear Child, no more.

May I have some milk then, dear Mother, dear Mother?
May I have some milk then, dear Mother, with what?

        It’s too late for milk, dear Child, dear Child, dear Child,
        It’s too late for milk, dear Child, dear Child, too late.

I need the bathroom, dear Mother, dear Mother,
I need the bathroom, dear Mother, to pee.

        No you don’t, dear Child, dear Child, dear Child,
        No you don’t, dear Child, dear Child, you don’t.

Please read me one more story, dear mother, dear mother,
Please read me one more story, dear mother, just one.

        No – no more, dear child, dear child, dear child,
        No – no more, dear Child, dear child, the end.
 
I’ve lost my new teddy, dear Mother, dear Mother,
I’ve lost my new teddy, dear Mother, he’s lost.

        He’s right here, dear Child, dear Child, dear Child,
        He’s right here, dear Child, dear Child, right here.

I’ve lost dolly too, dear Mother, dear Mother
I’ve lost dolly too, dear Mother, lost her

        I’ll go get and get her, dear Child, dear Child, dear Child,
        I’ll go get and get her, dear Child, dear Child, stay there.

I’ll come and help you, dear Mother, dear Mother
I’ll come and help you, dear Mother, help you

        Back to bed, dear Child, dear Child, dear Child,
        Back to bed, dear Child, dear Child, right now.

That is the wrong doll, dear Mother, dear Mother,
That is the wrong doll, dear Mother, not her.

        It will do, dear Child, dear Child, dear Child,
        It will do, dear Child, dear Child, it’ll do.

I’ve one more thing to ask, dear Mother, dear Mother
I’ve one more thing to ask, dear Mother, one more

        What is it, dear Child, dear Child, dear Child?
        What is it, dear Child, dear Child, what now?

May I have some water, dear Mother, dear Mother?
May I have some water, dear Mother, water?

No comments:

Post a Comment